From reading the latest bestseller to watching back-to-back seasons of ‘Orange is the New Black,’ tablets provide access to a high level of entertainment for all ages. Educational apps help supplement classroom studies, as well as keep kids busy during long car trips. Adults can easily get their TV-, movie-, music- and gaming fix by using these compact, highly portable, Wi-Fi enabled devices that provide hours of amusement, and Amazon has recently upped the game.
With a release date of September 30, Amazon Kindle Fires are now priced at $49.99 – and the company is taking pre-orders now.
Amazon Kindle Fire Highlights
Besides the price, there are plenty of features that come with the Kindle Fire (too many to mention in this post), but a few to zero in on include:
Durability: In comparison to the latest iPad Air, the Kindle Fire is deemed two times more durable (according to ‘tumble tests’).
Battery Life: The Kindle Fire offers up to 7 hours of mixed use battery life – plenty of time to read your favorite books, watch movies, and binge Netflix.
Expandable Storage Space: The Kindle Fire comes with 8GB of storage space for your movies, photos, music, games and apps, which is expandable up to 128 GB with the purchase of a microSD card. Users also receive free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with a Fire device.
Amazon Underground: The app store offers nearly $10,000 worth of apps, games, and in-app items that are 100% free of charge – including Angry Birds Slingshot Stella, Sonic Dash, Fruit Ninja, and Frozen Free Fall.
Amazon FreeTime: Parents can take care in knowing that they have the ability to set daily limits for tablet use for younger users. In addition to restricting access to certain categories (such as videos and games), the option to provide unlimited time for reading is always available.
What Can You Do with the Kindle Fire?
- Read to Your Heart’s Content: Millions of e-book and magazine titles await the avid reader. The device also connects to the largest online community of book lovers on Goodreads. Consider the possibilities of getting a Kindle Unlimited subscription. And with Audible, you can also listen to your favorite publications.
- Take Pictures and Record Video: With a VGA front-facing camera (and access to a 2 MP rear-facing camera), users can take snapshots and also capture life in motion with 720p HD video recording capabilities.
- Watch Amazon Video: There are thousands of movies and TV shows to help viewers of all ages overcome boredom.
- Listen to Music: With Prime Music, users gain ad-free access to over a million songs.
- Check Out Over 300,000 Apps: Those new to the Kindle Fire should know that more than 300,000 apps are available for the device, with plenty of new ones popping up on a frequent basis.
- Children, especially younger kids in need of educational stimulation
- Occasional Internet surfers
- Avid readers and e-book downloaders
- Someone who doesn’t have a smartphone
- Travelers and frequent road trippers
Make it a Six-Pack – Buy Five, Get One Free
The company is giving one free Kindle Fire when five are purchased at the same time. Simply use code FIRE6PACK to take advantage of this deal. This offer is ideal for teachers who’d like to gift their classroom with compact learning tools, or for grandparents looking to please all the kiddies without having to worry about siblings feeling left out.
Another good thing about purchasing an Amazon Kindle Fire for $49.99 over another model is that you’ll have leftover money to spend on Kindle accessories that would make lovely birthday gifts or presents under the Christmas tree. A few to note include:
- Kindle Fire cover – spring for a personalized one
- Kindle Fire cases – slim, standing or protective
- Kindle Fire memory card
- Compatible keyboard for Kindle Fire
- Quirky sleeve or cover from Etsy (like the OhKoey example shown)