We have blog readers representing various levels of familiarity with PickUrGift’s concept (and if you haven’t checked out our main website, you can take a quick peek here); and today, we’re going to touch upon some of the different ways you can share a PickUrGift list.
There are probably plenty of times when want to keep a spectacular gift idea a secret, but what about those moments when you’re ready to unleash your creativity…and get an instant response?
1. Send a Reverse Wishlist™
It goes without saying that sending a Reverse Wishlist™ is one of our most unique options. In a nutshell, the Reverse Wishlist™ concept consists of a collection of your thoughtful gift ideas which are sent to a recipient who gets to select one or more presents that appeal to them the most.
You’re ‘giving the gift of choice,‘ yet staying quite involved in the entire process.
PickUrGift provides the necessary tools for you to create, build, and send your gift lists; and if you ever need a bit of inspiration or fresh ideas…we’re constantly blogging about unique gift finds, company highlights, the latest trends, and gift guides.
The Reverse Wishlist™ is especially helpful for shoppers who are:
- Caught between several different ideas, and having a difficult time making a final decision.
- Unable to pinpoint the right size, color, or style for a gift.
- Worried about gifting something the recipient already has (it happens all the time with baby showers and wedding presents).
- Sick and tired of hitting the mark with gifts.
2. Set a Gift Page to Public
When you’d like to help the rest of the PickUrGift community and other browsers find gifts that fit a certain age group, special occasion and/or specific criteria (like Gift Ideas for Those who Love the Color Red), simply set your page to public and share with everyone.
The option to make your gift list public is found within your personal dashboard, under the red ‘Send Gift Page’ button. Click ‘yes’ to make your gift list public, as seen in the image below with the ‘4’ on it.
3. Send an Email for an Opinion
You might want to get a second opinion before sending out your gift list, and we have you covered there too.
How to Share a PickUrGift
List to Get an Opinion
1. First, you need a free, pickURgift account.
2. Sign in, and create a gift list or Reverse Wishlist. Each list saves to your personal dashboard.
3. When you are ready to get an opinion, click on the name of a saved gift page you’d like to share.
4. Towards the bottom of the left sidebar (under Gift Page), you will see two options for requesting an opinion from others:
- You can either click on “View Gift Page Opinion URL” to reveal a ‘View my Gift Page’ link that you can copy, paste, and send to others in a personally crafted email.
- Or, you can add the email addresses of those you’d like to hear from in the spaces below, and click on the ‘Send to a Friend’ button.
PickUrGift will send the following message to those you’ve requested an opinion from with a link to your gift page.
This option also comes in handy when you’re shopping for younger relatives or teenagers, and might want to run your gift list past their parents.
4. Send Your Own Wishlist
It’s OK to let people know some of the things on your personal ‘wishlist’ when they ask you what you’d like for your birthday, or Valentine’s Day, or Christmas. Not only does speaking your mind save money, time and frustration, but people genuinely feel good when they’ve gifted a present that someone really wants…or really needs. Therefore, the next time someone asks what do you want for your birthday…you have the perfect response….sharing a PickUrGift wishlist.
With the click of a button, send off a wishlist with a variety of items, and let your loved ones ‘surprise’ you with something you’ve been pining over or really need.
5. Supplement your Gift / Holiday Guides
And bloggers…when making gift guides and holiday guides…PickUrGift can provide an easy way to record your best picks without having to mention each and every one on your site. Simply store your finds in a gift list; highlight a few items on your blog; and then direct your readers to a PickUrGift public page that you’ve created. This approach also makes it easier for your readers to locate your gift ideas (and purchase if they’d like) from the original site where you found the gift.